Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Back to B E R M U D A !!

Hey Denny,
If you get a chance or have the desire, get some fishing gear, catch a land crab and toss it in for a chance to catch a tasty Hogfish. Enjoy your stay and be safe.

I understand that Smokey presents a 15 minute Powerpoint presentation on parking regulations (do's & don'ts) in downtown Hamilton. Check for seating availability at his next seminar.

Yes, and it starts off with "Don't listen to George"... Ed

Hi George,

I understand that you're an expert on how to double park Mobelettes in downtown Hamilton. Any comment on that allegation?

Denny

Concur, JRV!

Nice, Christine!

Thanks John,

That sounds like a great idea and I might take the time to do some fishing. For sure I'll take the time to have a cold one (or two) and plate of fish-n-chips at the White Horse Tavern in St George.

Denny

Have a wonderful time!

If you cruise by Warwick Estates (across the street from Warwick Long Bay) wave to my old pink cottage (Little Divot) for me :)

My kids are heading out there for a family reunion in June.

Hi Christine,

I'm assuming I'll be very close to "Little Divot" and can probably get some photos of it. The Clairfont Apartments are on Warwickshire Road which leads off South Shore Road across from Warwick Long Bay. If you have a jpeg of what Little Divot looked like when you lived there send it to me via email as a reference. Chances are good that it still is similar in appearance except for the foliage, etc. Send jpeg to me using the email link below.
Denny

My brother, his wife, and my folks went back to Bermuda late last year for my brother's 50th birthday (he was born there); they had a GREAT time. Of course, much had changed since we lived there 1959-1962, but they did manage to find one of the houses we had lived in. Hope you and Kara have the same enjoyable experience!

Thanks Kate,

Kara and I have been back on three trips via cruise ships including the one last June. Change is visible everywhere. Some hotels, and stores we knew as long standing landmarks such as The Belmont, The Bermudiana and Trimingham's no longer exist but the island remains to be as charming as it ever was. I know we're going to have a great time.

Cheers,

Denny

Visits: