Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pray For The Folks In Joplin, MO

Good to hear they are OK. Reading hit pretty hard. Joplin took a direct hit from an EF4. Those big broad monsters are killers. To All: A small gift to Red Cross Disaster Relief would sure help those in need across the Midwest and South. BTDT.

From todays forecast, looks like you'd better hunker down this evening too Rick...you're in our thoughts

Watched some terrible news the past few days and you are definately in our prayers.
Marshall

Rick, we also have been dodging the storms, we had a possible tornado heading for us in Spring Hill about midnight Saturday night, five minutes before hitting our area the storm collasped, praise the Lord.
I was station at the Naval Reserve Center in Joplin for a time after leaving Argentia and in the reserves there for over a year. The center was about 1.5 miles north of Saint Johns Hospital, so I have spend alot of time in the area. So the devastation really bother us. We lived in the Pittsburg, KS area for 8 years, it is only about 25 miles from Joplin.
I agree we need to offers our prayers and help for the people of Joplin.

We have had multiple tornado warning in the Kansas City area this morning. At this moment there is a tornado goiung through Sedalia where Rick Mattews lives. Please Pray for Rick and his family.

Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers John. A pretty scarey deal these twisters. Hope all is well with you and yours too. Rick

Visits: