Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tricare

Dave, I posted this earlier in the month here. The 13% mentioned in your letter only amounted to a $5.00 per per month family increase in premiums. That is manageable IMHO.

Rick

----------------------------------------------------

The following received in reply to emails I sent to Senate and Congress regarding TRICARE.

Dear Richard,

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R.1540, the National Defense Authorization Act. I appreciate hearing your concerns on this issue. I welcome any comments my constituents may have that will help me stay informed on the issues most important to the citizens of Missouri's 4th District.

I am proud to share with you that Missouri's Fort Leonard Wood and Whiteman Air Force Base will continue to play prominent roles in America's national security thanks to approval of the National Defense Authorization Act. As a member of the House Armed Services Committee, my colleagues and I debated for over 16 hours and voted at close to 3:00 a.m. to pass the 2012 defense initiative and send it to the full House for its consideration.

The legislation we have passed demonstrates support for our troops. It will provide them with the tools and support they need as they protect our freedoms and liberties.

I was pleased with passage of $49 million in military construction for a Vehicle Maintenance Facility at Fort Leonard Wood and almost $5 million in military construction for a Weapons Storage Area Security Control Facility at Whiteman Air Force Base. In addition, I was also able to secure $40 million in Air Force funds for vital national security needs.

Half of this $40 million will allow us to house alert air crews in facilities closer to where they are needed to prepare for and to execute vital national security missions. The remaining $20 million will support mixed conventional load capability for Air Force bombers, allowing them to hold a wide range of munitions. I believe this increase in funding will ensure our air crews have the full capabilities necessary to protect this country.

Additionally, I was proud to see that this legislation would cap the Department of Defense's ability to increase TRICARE fees in the future. While TRICARE Prime fees increased by $2.50 and $5 per month for individuals and families respectively, future TRICARE fee increases would equal the cost-of-living adjustment made in military retired pay. If there is no adjustment, as there has not been for the last two years, there would be no TRICARE fee increase. This prevents retirees from being hit with massive annual increases in the future by making sure the percentage increase, which will be considerably less than the Department of Defense proposed six to seven percent increase, is linked to the retirement cost-of-living adjustment.

In funding our military for 2012 we ensure our troops who are deployed in Afghanistan, Iraq, and elsewhere in the world have the equipment and resources they need to succeed in their missions. There is no higher priority than advocating on their behalf. Rest assured, I will continue working on providing what is needed for our brave servicemen and women as this bill moves forward. They deserve nothing less.

Again, thank you for sharing your concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future on any issues of importance to you. We always appreciate hearing from the people we serve.

With best regards, I remain,

Very truly yours,

Vicky Hartzler
Member of Congress

Re: Tricare

guess i missed it shipmate. thanks for post

Visits: