Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: July 4th

Happy Independence Day to all the individuals and the families of those who have served and are serving in the armed services of this great nation! I am indebted to those who have endured combat and/or gave their lives on behalf of our country. I am equally grateful to have been blessed to serve a full 20 year+ navy career without seeing combat. Disregarding schools I attended as a trainee, my career was spent serving on four NAVFACs, one NOPF, two TASS ships, one training command, and one major staff. In all these endeavors I served with people who were among the brightest and most capable the navy had to offer. On this, our nation’s birthday, I salute you and splice the main brace in a toast to our shared U. S. Navy heritage.
God Bless you and may God continue to bless the United States of America.
Denny

Same to you Denny, and all those above

Well said Denny. It is those who serve and have served that have kept this nation free.
As others have mentioned my NAVFAC 4th of July was in Antigua. A party that lasted from 1 pm Wed till about 8:30 am on Sunday.
The fire works from the PamAm base were great, enhanced by the muddled mind from 3 1/2 days of constant booze. I now have a very different 4 th. family frends and a flag flying freely.
Marshall

Amen

My first thoughts of Fourth of July were of barbecues and hanging out at the beach with family and friends.

We decided to watch the first two episodes of HBO's John Adams. For those who have not seen it, the docudrama is a moving depiction of America's journey to Independence. The final scene of the second episode is the reading of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776.

I am thankful for who I am, from were I came, from were I live, and for what that means. I for one am proud to be an American! Happy Fourth of July - shipmates.

Greetings to all and Happy Independence Day! My family is a bit scattered for this year's 4th but Chris and I spent the day on a 7 1/2 mile canoe trip up the Shenandoah River, near our home here in the Blue Ridge. It was beautiful, peaceful and in the heart of one of the most appealing areas of our country.
I encourage you all to re-read the Declaration sometime and let it absorb you. Another revolution is coming (politically speaking)and intimacy with 1776 is important. I feel so strongly about that that I changed my email address to rescott1776.....just for a vivid, daily reminder.
Best wishes to all!

Jim Donovan
My first thoughts of Fourth of July were of barbecues and hanging out at the beach with family and friends.

We decided to watch the first two episodes of HBO's John Adams. For those who have not seen it, the docudrama is a moving depiction of America's journey to Independence. The final scene of the second episode is the reading of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776.

I am thankful for who I am, from were I came, from were I live, and for what that means. I for one am proud to be an American! Happy Fourth of July - shipmates.

I watched the same show on the history channel. I think everyone should try to stick to learning our past because it may come up again. Those that dont learn the mistakes of the past are bound to repeat them is a famous saying that leans towards what our founders said. What were their names, Benjamin Franklin, Patrick Henry, and that guy that makes that great tasting beer, Sam Adams.

I know It was John Adams....... still a great show...
H A P P Y 4 T H TO A L L

Visits: