Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: VOLUNTEER PROJECT IN HAMPTON ROADS AREA - Wed, 20 July, 2011

Jim,

Way to far for me to travel, but I'd love to! Nice to see people care about our troops, and that you are still managing to find useful things to occupy your time.

Keep up the good work!

I would like to help, but am not sure I can get away from work during that time.

Steve

Thanks, guys. CAPT Barb Geraghty, USN (Ret) and Meredith McNulty (widow of CWO4 Ed McNulty, USN) joined Kathy and I to take care of a large yard. The shipmate's wife also helped. It was good to have 10 hands instead of 2 hands and it went fast. Next time I should do this on a weekend - more people able to participate.

Capt. Jim -
With all the retired Navy (IUSS) folks in the Tidewater area, I would have thought you would get a whopping response to your request - but, agree that it may have worked better on a weekend. If I were closer, I would have jumped on it. Glad to see that you did get some help - many hands do make light work, that's for sure.

We have a church group of men that do one Saturday (2 hours) each month for single moms to help them out, so I am very familiar with their needs.

Nice to see someone taking an interest in those needing help......God Bless
Irv

Jim,
I missed that opportunity. Feel free to call me direct 430.6200 next time. Douglas

Visits: