Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Retirement: CAPT Kathy Donovan, USN - 30 June 2011

Kathy,
Congratulations on your retirement and a long and accomplished career. All the best in the future. Now if the guy in the White house doesn't mess with military pay, you may even enjoy a retirement check.
John

Congratulations Kathy ! We were never stationed together and most of your career was spent keeping me safe in my retirement, since 1987, but your duty stations sound very interesting and should have provided you with opportunities few of your civilian friends have even dreamed. Enjoy your new career, putting up with Jim 24/7, and start fulfilling your retired passions.

Dave Bailey, OTCM USN (Retired)

Kathy,
Congraulations are in order for a very distinguished career. One thing I must warn you of is the "Both" are retired in the same household syndrome! It takes a lot of communicating to survive this, even more than one would ever think.
Best of Luck to You and Jim on your new life as both retired Navy and now civilians. Like Dee I to have gotten my money's worth being retired from the Navy 25 years next month, now working on my Civil Service retirement being worth it, been retired from NUWC for only 3 years after 20+ years.
Chuck & Linda Cable

Congrats Again Kathy!
Some of the best years of our lives... those days in the system. Now you and Jim and the family can really enjoy the fruits of a lot of hard work.

Cheers

Rick

WOW!!!!! has it really been that long since Ens Kathy Dunn was my first watch officer in BDA!!! seems like it was yesterday? congrats Kathy you were an awsome fun watch officer to me!!! Thank you for your continued service!

OUSTANDING CAREER!!! Kathy you have earned every second of your 29 years (various Naval Commands, your kids and, of course, Jim (hahah)). Now its time to enjoy life after the military.

Sue and I wish you the very best.

Again,Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, Kathy, on a very impressive naval career and thank you for your leadership and dedicated service to our country. You've been at liberty now for a couple of weeks and I trust the two Captains commanding the USS Rosaer are sorting out their duties satisfactorily!

JoAnne and I send you and Jim our very best wishes for an exciting new life together. We have also made that transition as we both just retired as public school teachers (JoAnne in physical education and me as a band director.)

To paraphrase a classic Navy recruiting slogan:
RETIREMENT- IT'S NOT JUST THE END OF A JOB, IT'S AN ADVENTURE!

Bill Turner
Tallmadge, Ohio (Akron)
Former OT2
USN 1968-72 KEF and COSL

Kathy.....congratulations on a really outstanding career. The fact that you accomplished all you did while married to Jim makes it all that more remarkable.

Nick

You are right, Nick. They should have awarded her a MOH! - Jim

Kathy,

Congratulations on a great career. No matter what anyone says - there is life after "Active Duty" and I hope that you and Jim enjoy it to the utmost.

Sincerely,
Rick

Kathy, Congratulations on your retirement and Thank You for your service.

Late to the party (vacationing in Alaska), but I wanted to thank you for your service and for putting up with Jim all these years.

Best of luck to you on your next venture.

CONGRATULATIONS Captain Donovan. Now relax and enjoy yourself in your new life.

Fair Winds & Following Seas

May the Lord watch over you during your transistion.

STGC (IUSS) Wendy Craven

Congratulations Kathy. So, what now? Run for president?
Best of everything to both of you.

Rick and Kathy Prendergast.

Visits: