Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Interesting Times Ahead

The concept here is to buy a $50 bond for $50 dollars, thus not adding to debt. The payback is in the Gold Certificate. If you buy the inflation indexed bond the Gold Certificate allows the Government to pay $50 on the national debt. The fixed term would allow redemption at some future date by a designated beneficiary in the amount of the bond plus the inflation accrued since it was issued. These are long term bonds, not a hot money making investment. They are intended to help keep America on her feet.

Rick:
I really like that idea!
George

George, I can remember my Mom and Dad speaking of the war and how tough times were. Mom always mentioned going to the movies and seeing the War Bond short subject movies and how they improved her morale. dad was serving in the Navy but said that the United states was more united then than at any time he could remember. He had lived through the Great Depression, WPA, and such. He said that everyone he knew bought War Bonds knowing full well that they were being used to insure America's future.

Well... we could use some of that spirit and insurance today... as never before seen in my lifetime. Founders Gardens and Heritage Bonds, scrap metal and paper drives, there are hundreds of ways for Americans to pull out of this dive.. I for one will fight for her future again... even if that fight is up a steep hill.

Americans can do this thing, and Congress needs to kick out paid lobbyists to do it. K Street isn't free speech. K Street is part of the problem. I'd also take Congress and the Senate off of real-time TV. Too many "stars" in the Congress and Senate! Get on with the peoples business, and lets index their pay to real results, not vapor bills that do nothing.

OK... My rant is over.

Rick

P.S. Best to Peg and family from Joan and I. Would love to play some Double Pinochle like the old days.

Well said, George. I knew there was a reason you were the one person I respected most throughout my career. Honest man with out a personal agenda! - Jim

Visits: