Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Interesting Chart From KGB

Jim, I Googled Professor Hartwell's name and this came up. Interesting, but the comments of the article reflect a lack of real expertise on the subject.

R

I agree, Rick. I noticed this from the "About me" section of his website:

"...which concurrently led to the long-term deep-sink clandestine monitoring mission in Russia of the awesome Soviet military machine, heading the Kishlak & Erma subterranean secreted high-tech operations centers [C5I exotic operational nexus of “command, control, communications, countermeasures, counter-countermeasures and intelligence” dimensions in Siberia & Soviet Central Asia,1961-85: the leading high-tech military surveillance center in the world, a cutting edge island of technology stuck deep behind the enemy lines inside the 7th continent – the Ice Continent of Siberia, territorially larger than Europe including continental Russia and the North American continent combined].

Huh?

And yes that is part of one single sentence. I left out the first half of the giant sentence!

My fifth grade english teacher would have cut off his writing hand.
Marshall

Rick Matthews
Jim, I Googled Professor Hartwell's name and this came up. Interesting, but the comments of the article reflect a lack of real expertise on the subject.

R

I remember seeing that chart (but not the article) many years ago during a previous career I think it may have been in Proceedings but don't hold me that.

Rick

Apparently I was stationed at "Argentina" Newfoundland saying the article....

After reading the text accomoanying the chart, I wondered who this guy was who came up with the stuff. Googled Professor P S Cutter and got the following which I will also pass without comment.

http://profpaulcutter.com/PDF/Political%20writings/American_Empire-Building.pdf

http://www.profpaulcutter.com/tales.html

Some additional interesting references to SOSUS can be found in the "Historical Dictionary of Intelligence".

http://www.scribd.com/doc/24907398/Historical-Dictionary-of-Intelligence

Rick

Long time reader, sometime contributor. The reference to Prof G.P. Hartwell is interesting because it echoes the IUSS History on this site contending that Project Hartwell was named for the University of Pennsylavania's Prof G.P. Hartwell. On the other hand, Wikipedia documents that Project Hartwell was named for the Hartwell Farms restaurant in Lexington, MA (near MIT). More likely Hartwell is being confused with G.P. Harnwell, former Penn President (see link)who was a distinguished underwater acoustic scientist.

Visits: