IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Freemasons

I am thinking of joining a local Masons branch here in Virginia and would be interested to know how many IUSS alum are members, and get their impressions. I am not seeking any deep, dark secrets but just your thoughts.. For Bill Turner, I couldn't believe I logged on here to ask this question and you had just mentioned your association in Freemasons!
Anyone can feel free to email me, rescott1776@gmail.com Thanks!

Randy

Re: Freemasons

Hi Randy,
Watch for an e-mail from me. I've been a Freemason, Scottish Rite Mason, and a Shriner for 26 years and I have thoroughly enjoyed my associations in the fraternity. Freemasonry is not a secret organization, but it does have some secrets as does any fraternity. Its singular purpose is to make good men better, and it is deeply involved in helping other people. The most visible examples of this philanthropy are Shriners Hospitals for burned and orthopaedically impaired children plus the Masonic Learning Centers for dyslexic children.

In my area, veterans make up a large portion of our membership, probably because those who served like to continue to serve their communities. I am very proud to be a Mason.

Bill Turner
former OT2
KEF 69-70
COSL 70-72

I agree. I have been active in one capacity or another with the Masonic Fraternity since I was 12. My daughter was gthe most picked on kid in her grade when she was in 5th grade and self esteem was very low. She became a Job's Daughter an dlearned the leadership skills and ended up as secretary of her class. Leader in college and is now an elementary school teacher. She is in Eastern Star and Nile with me.

My childhood in Mass was all about Masons and te associated organizations. dad was a 32 degree, He and Mom were in the Eastern Star, My sister was in Rainbows, and all three of us boys we in Demolay....

I do remember being told that you couldn't apply to become a Mason, you had to be asked to join. Every town seemed to have it's Masonic hall, and K of C hall.

Sadly, over here in the UK it's very much hidden. I've only ever seen one Masonic hall, in Neyland, and it's no longer in use. You never see anyone wearing a masonic ring or pin, and there is never any articles in the paper reporting on masonic meetings or events. They are looked on over here as almost and undesirable orgamization and very much out of the mainstream.

Randy you will be making a good decision.

Bill Turner hit the nail on the head with his comments.

Having been a Mason and a member of the Scottish Rite now for over twenty years I can assure you that you will enjoy being a member.

I appreciate your inputs, guys. I'm not sure how it will work since I don't know any members here locally to vouch for me, but I'm going to see how it goes. I'll let you know!

you can request information through the Grand Lodge and they will hook you up with the local lodge. Two members will meet with you and get you in. At least that is how it is in Idaho. The Lodge in Moscow, Idaho has been bringing in the younger generation- we are a college town! I remember many of the CMC having Masonic symbols on something in their office

Randy, give Larry Whitaker a call, believe he is a 32nd degree

Gayle, Ben, thanks alot. I met Tuesday with the Harrisonburg sec/treasurer and another member. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Visits: