IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Iranian Naval maneuvers

I just heard on the news that Iran might soon be sending a naval force to maneuver near our east coast and in the Gulf of Mexico. If they do, I hope we harass them to no end- close overflights, surface a couple of SSN's briefly on both sides of their C and C ship, let them see a carrier close up, etc. These clowns are operating on borrowed time.........

Re: Iranian Naval maneuvers

I hadn't heard that yet Randy, but it's pretty interesting. And comical. Sounds like a great training opportunity for our Navy...unless they get lost! Will they bring along a fleet tug just in case, like the Russians do these days when they "deploy"?

I read the other day that China is sending a hospital ship on a goodwill mission to the Caribbean. Personally, I think that's a fine idea, because I get tired of seeing and reading about our Navy ships deploying on goodwill missions to third world countries. There's enough to do that would still make a good photo op.

On a side note, the story I read about the PLAN hospital ship was funny because it bragged that it is "the world's first 10,000 ton hospital ship". That sounds mighty impressive until you consider that the USNS Comfort and USNS Mercy are almost 70,000 tons!

Brett, if they do it I'm sure part of the reason is to get a response out of us. I just hope the response is much more than they anticipated. A good start would be totally ruining their communications and ability to coordinate, something I am sure we have the capability to do. I hadn't heard about the Chinese hospital ship and don't think I'd want any surgery done onboard it....

I heard Hugo Chavez was rushed to the hospital today. That may doom Iran's master plan, because I'm sure their show of incredible force had to involve logistical support from Venezuela. Even if they sent one of their Kilos (a pretty logical choice among the limited options), it can only carry enough fuel for a one-way trip to the Western Atlantic.

Whatever happens, it will be interesting!

Here's a link

Visits: