IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I became a statistic today

Well, THAT sucks, Timmy. Sorry to hear.

Tim, there are so many companies just maintaining current employment levels or cutting back, simply because they don't know what to expect next from Washington. I heard on the radio the other day that corporations are sitting on 2 TRILLION dollars in cash. When confidence returns to the public and to companies things will get better. I hope you find something soon, my friend.

Thanks again Randy and you too Suzy,

Yesterday, we received the notice that my wife is finally registered for Medicare part B (she's disabled) so we immediately called MC and got her into a Part D prescription plan!

That just took a $2000.00/month gorilla off my back and let me rest a bit better last night. I wouldn't call the scotch induced slumber the night before so restfull!

I've worked my butt off for nearly 40 years, asked for nothing and expected nothing but I'm gonna take advantage of everything I can to survive.

When life throws you a curve, don't lay it down! Grab a bit more throttle and power through it! Your life begins tomorrow, today is nearly history...

Randy Scott
Tim, there are so many companies just maintaining current employment levels or cutting back, simply because they don't know what to expect next from Washington. I heard on the radio the other day that corporations are sitting on 2 TRILLION dollars in cash. When confidence returns to the public and to companies things will get better. I hope you find something soon, my friend.

The company I just left is spending money like a drunken sailor! The problem is that the owner is an unscrupulous asshat who's hiring through three temp agencies at barely over minimum wage and pushing us "overpaid", "overqualified" folks out the door to fund his ridiculous ego! Why pay me 70K annually when he can buy a temp at 15 bucks an hour with no overhead?

I thought he was an inspiring guy when I met him last year, turns out I was wrong and he's just another POS who's more interested in appearance than substance!

He's a clown who's got a house of cards. My department was two months behind because of his idiocy! Yesterday, my buddy called and told me that he's about to blow an artery!

Couldn't happen to a better candidate!

In keeping with the non-political nature of the board, the below comments are not intended to promote a discussion of politics.

We can hope for change, or we can change for hope! America is starting to see another huge wave of store closings and layoffs. For example, the parent company of Payless stores has announced that it will be permanently closing 475 stores. Borders is in the process of closing every single one of its 399 stores. Also, Bank of America has just announced that it will be closing about 600 branches, and that could result in the loss of about 30,000 good jobs.

Rats Rick!

You've dashed my hopes to follow in Al Bundys' footsteps and become a shoe salesman!

In all seriousness, job losses are getting pretty regular here in the Northeast. Once some of the lowest rates in the nation, CT is now at the national average of 9.1 or 9.2 which in reality is closer to 20%.

We don't count people who've lost there benefits or are no longer actively seeking employment. The unemployment rates are derived from only those actually receiving benefits!

I don't know where you live or if you do the engineering but check out SEL http://www.selinc.com/ they are a growing company wiht offices all over the world. We have one in Pullman WA and they are building a plant in Lewiston

Visits: