Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Another spare 10 points?

Paul, I posted this message at the end of the IUSS Memorabilia string but since it has now slipped down to the third page, I will repeat it here. If you (or anyone else) has another spare ten points you would like to part with, I am interested in having one. I remember using them at Pt. Sur and Adak in the early 70s. I think they might be a good conversation piece hanging on my office wall. Please email me for address. Thanks.

Re: Paul Lester's whereabouts

Paul - thanks again for the 10-points. Awesome, NOS condition (New Old Stock - classic car buff terminology - for those unfamiliar with new, unused, original classic car parts) !!! What a wonderful surprise to get them, unexpectedly, in the mail.

Have to admit, your return address kind of threw me for a loop. Couldn't make out the spelling of the road (Ammon, Ammor???) - also the abbreviated OP for Orchard Park??? NY was a "no brainer" - but when I went on line with the zip code, to find out where OP, NY was (it looks like 14122) , I kept getting a message telling me to "enter a valid 5 digit code."

Then went on the IUSS roster to try to find you and an address - but to no avail. Still am curious about when and where you were within the system. For some reason, your name is familiar to me - and we may have crossed paths at some point in time, but can't seem to recall if we ever really met. I like to think of myself as being pretty sharp and close to "the top of my game", but I believe my age is beginning to tell me otherwise - I ACTUALLY HAVE FORGOTTEN some former, very fond memories like - - "I'll never forget the day when......... such and such happened." Not to mention some of the "best buddies" or "old shipmates"
that we swore we'd never forget.

If you wouldn't mind, would like to have your address. My e.mail is deelin@roadrunner.com, if you want to e.mail the address to me, rather than posting on this site.

Wishing you all the best -and glad that you got to clear out some of that SOSUS "junk" from those dust covered boxes.
Thanks again.........Irv

Visits: