IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Association "Sweat Shop" for lapel pins

Greetings all. Last night we celebrated Kathy Donovan's and Ed Smock's birthdays then got to work stuffing and addressing envelopes for the IUSS CAESAR Alumni Association. The Navy turned 236 years old today. Smoky isn't far behind at 76! In attendance: Jim and Kathy Donovan, Ed Smock, Jack Holdzkom, Chuck Gagnon and Mike Weir. Dues paying members of this association should expect to receive their lapel pins within the next few days. I put 82 packets in the mail last week and 573 in the mail this morning.

If anyone would like pics of the event you can check them out on my Facebook page or let me know and I will e-mail them to you.

Best regards,
Jim Donovan
CAPT USN (Ret)
Director, IUSSCAA

Re: Association "Sweat Shop" for lapel pins

Thanks for working so hard on this stuff. You guys keep this association going and I for one appreciate it very much.

V/R,
Nancy

I agree with Nancy...

YO, HO-HO, and A BOTTLE OF RUM

All the fine people who responded are "speaking the truth" and I absolutely agree with them that your
dedication to the association and your work is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED (despite Nick McConnell's assessment of Capt. Jim - previous post)

Everyone have a nice day................Irv

Got my pin today...a very pleasent surprise, and iyt now resides in my "treasure box" with other bits frim my Nav days.. Thanks to all whoi keep this site going.. It's nice to see some of the old timers still being active!

Greg - glad that you got your pin (anxious to get mine, also). I would be one of those "old timers" you referred to ..........but, must admit, "Smokey" has me by 3-4 years in age, and about 4 in the System. Should make him eligible for a pin - ya' reckon??
Irv

IUSS/CAESAR ALUMN ASSOCIATION LAPEL PINS

Got my pin in the mail today (AWESOME !!)
BRAVO ZULU to all those who participated in getting these pins made, mailed, etc. Things like this don't "JUST HAPPEN" - it takes a lot of work and time. I, for one, am very appreciative of your efforts.

I have been the "lead classmate" to plan, organize and "make happen" every one of our 5-year high school class reunions (since 1957). I also have preparted programs, plaques, special presentations, etc. for our annual High School Alumni Association meeting and banquet - as well as assisting in the preparation for the (every 3 years) NavFac Pacific Beach WA reunion.

So, I have a pretty good idea of how much time and work goes into such things.
Again, my hat is off to all those involved!!

I to received my pin today and I have to agree with the others that it is awesome. Much appreciation and thanks to all those responsible for this and everything you do for the organization. I only did 3 short tours in the system, but I meet a lot of great shipmates.

It was a pleasant surprise when I received this 'gift'.
I will wear it with pride, next to my 'Veteran' pin, on my motorcycle jacket.

Thank you very much,

Henry

I just returned from my mailbox where I found the awesome IUSSCAA lapel pin. What a wonderful surprise, I will wear it with pride and can't wait to show it off to some of my buddies. It's really good looking, very impressive. I would like to add my thanks to all who help keep this site running, with a special thanks to you Captain. Gratefully yours

What Jim said.
A nice surprise in my mailbox this afternoon. To add to this...I was trying to figure out what to wear on my Navy cap, as our patch is a little too big for that. Then the lapel pin arrived!! Perfect!
Thanks again!
And...to add to what Jim said again. As it's no easy task...thanks to all involved for keeping this site going.

Visits: