Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: LED vs LCD TVs

Ed,
I have just been looking around my self and for Picture quality I think my money may goon the "LG" brand, still deciding byt K-Mart has a good selection. I also think I will go with the "FULL" adjustable wall mount. K-Mart had those to support a 60" for $199.00. It sure is not easy to pick just the correct kind and brand. I do know the Plazma screen types produce a lot of heat.
Chuck

Thank you for input gents. I ended up buying a Sony Bravia LED 55" for $1180.00. We have about 190 outlet stores within 3 miles and one is a Sony outlet store. They also give a 10% military discount. Thanks again. EKD

Ed,

FWIW, I echo the previous comments about LED or backlit LED units versus LCD units.

I used four 23-inch LCD computer monitors in my home office where I do work in sensor and mobile software engineering and recently converted all of the computer monitors to 27-inch LEDs from SAMSUNG. The difference is amazing and my eyes have "thanked me"! The brightness, the detail of the views on the screen has improved dramatically, even using the same graphics adapters. I converted my office TV to an LED unit as well.

Be aware that you may find them to take a little more energy than LCDs in some cases (the backlits)and if you place your hand near the display surface of an operating unit your skin may be sensitive enough that you may feel the emf converting at the skin surface into some heat, but at our age of maturity (already had my kids) and at the viewing distance for a 55 inch monitor it won't ever make a difference. Consider mounting the TV's high and on a wall if you suffer from presbyopia and use graduated lenses. Your neck will not suffer as you strain to maneuver the graduated lens to the right focal point.

Ed,
I have a Sony 52" but it is a projector, side bulb which I can change my self when the original blows. The picture is Great but I am looking to replace it because picture quality in the newer ones are fantastic. I have a 32" Sony in the game room which is only 2 years old. That picture is fantastic but again it is a smaller screen.
Good Pick Ed.
huck

Visits: