Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Request for donations of Navy IUSS/SOSUS CPO items

Come on all you crusty old chiefs out there! I know you folks have some great CPO items available.....keys to the supply room, crying towels, "didn't happen on my watch" patches, written instructions on how best to use the term "I've seen better and downgraded worse", back scratchers, aka as 10 points, etc, etc. :)

Last year I posted a message in an attempt to locate the rightful owner of a pair of 10-points I had in my possession. I mentioned they were engraved with the name OTC Silver, and was very bummed to find that he had passed away some time back.

I never met him (and swear I don't know how or where I came into possession of his 10-points), but I would like it very much if you would accept them for the CPO display. Perhaps someone else could contribute a photo and share a memory or two about him.

I look forward to viewing the display and, hopefully, learning a bit about Chief Silver and many of my other fellow CPOs.

V/r,

Paul Lester

Paul, You can send the 10-points directly to Peggy Chadwick with a note. Her address is in the original post. Or, you can send them to me and I will deliver them to her with an explanation.
- Jim

Question for anyone,

Would the Complete "OUR BOOK" be appropriate for a donation for this effort? It includes many stories from many of us that were later CPO's.
just a thought
Chuck Cable

Thanks, Chuck. We were able to put her in touch with Nora Anderson (formerly Nora Taylor-Brown). Nora was our first female OTC and LDO. She'll provide a pic in uniform. I also provided all of the stuff from my 1981 CPO initiation at Centerville Beach (pics, charge sheets, report chit, and various letters) and my OTC rating patch from my dress blues. - Jim

I've given away pretty much all that stuff. There's a great shot of the CPO mess in the photo library of Bermuda! Oh by the way, the maintainer rating was OTMC not OTACM.

Tks Jack,
I originally sent in that photo for inclusion into the BDA Photo Page, and J.V. assisted in annotating the names, etc. because I had forgot some of the Names, Rank, and Rating of a few.
Old and Retired
Chuck

I never did understand why Commander Parish wasn't in the picture with us (yes, I'm smiling!)

Jack,I remember that episode in Bermuda.....a little tension involved there :)

Visits: