Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: In Your Seabag (TriCare)

I haven't seen a cloths stop since Boot Camp. When I went through Seabag issue the guy in front of me got the last Flat Hat. Hope everyone is having a great day.
Terry

Marchall,
All my clothes stops were left frozen solid on a clothes line at Great Lakes, IL, December, 1965 at
-30 below.
CEC

Chuck, I think I was standing Dempsy Dumpster 0000-0200 watch the night that happened. In a snow storm no less. It was so cold out there a fire would never have lasted that night. Dumbest watch I ever stood. When did you start boot camp. Believe my first day was 11-9-65. Have my boot camp company book around somewhere.

Rick,
I was in Great Lakes about 1 month later, I boarded a bus on the way to the induction enter, 07 Dec 1965. That was a 2 hour ride then boarded a train to GL that was about an 8 hour trip.
Chuck

Marshall
Your really conjured up some old memories - with your inquiry about the "clothes stops" - of course, the new guys in the fleet would never have a clue what you are even talking about.

I have to admit, however, that I prefer our clothes dryer we have in our home to tying those square knots in the clothes stops - especially at the time when I went through boot in Great Lakes (January 14 '59).

we sometimes woke up with a coating of snow on our government issue wool blanket from the snow blowing through the cracks in those old wood barracks !! BRRRRRRRR!!

Nothing like sunny California !! Take care.....Irv

Visits: