IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Veterans Identification Card

I tried to obtain a veterans id. card yesterday and was told that I wasn’t qualified for one because my income was too high. I would think a veterans id. card simply showed that you were a vet. regardless of your income. Am I missing something???

Have a very happy Thanksgiving.

Re: Veterans Identification Card

Did you go to a VA hospital for a card?

There is such a thing as a veterans' health care ID card.
Whether or not a vet has a serviced connected disability, they all get a card for health care.
But, just a veterans' ID card? No, there is not such creature.
(Though, I agree, there should be.)

call 877-222VETS (8387)
or visit www.myhealth.va.gov

Is a Veteran's ID Card the same as a retired military ID card? That's the only kind of Veterans ID I've ever heard of, so maybe I'm uninformed. I can't imagine income being relevant to a retired military ID??

Mike, I hadn't heard of a Veterans ID card until your posting. Is this what you're talking about?

Jerry, Yes - that is what I was trying to get and the website I came across 2 weeks ago after realizing the potential discount benefits for being a veteran on veterans day. I went to the VA hospital here in town (Gainesville, FL) as directed by the Navy recruiter here (my first stop to find out where I could get one locally). I explained I wasn't trying to get medical benefits (nothing wrong with me except for being crazy) ;-) and all I wanted was the veteran id card. It looks a lot easier to carry around than a DD form 214. They even had a picture of it on the wall next to the registration area.

I guess I just need to pay $13 and apply for one through the website. I don't see anything about income on their application form!

Michael, I ran into the same problem as you, too much income when I only wanted the card to get discounts, not medical attention. I have been carrying around a reduced copy of my honorable discharge and showing that with my drivers license to get my discounts but sometimes have problems. They all want you to have the card. I was wondering what website you were referring to, I would gladly pay the $13 to get the card, it would be so much easier. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Jim - The veterans identification card Jerry & I referred to in the previous 2 postings was linked (click on website) on our posts. I have put a link to it again with this email also. Hope this answers your question and gets you to the veterans identification card info. we were describing.

WhaT everyone iE calling a Veterans ID is in fact a VA health care card if you will. When you register at a VA hospital to receive care you are assigned a priority based on a bunch of factors one of which is income. Depending on the priority you are assigned you can get care and a ID.
Happy Thanksgiving ALL
CHUCK & LINDA CABLE

Here in Spokane I have no problem getting my discount at Lowes using my "Department of Veterans Affairs" card (with picture). Home Depot is another matter. They will only accept a picture ID stating you are "Active", "Retired", or "Disabled". They will no longer accept a DD214. If you spent 3 years-19 years and did not "retire" or you aren't "Disabled" they act as if you never served at all.
NAPA and most other places automatically give me a discount when I wear my NAVY ball cap.

That Veteranprograms.com site is totally unofficial. I wouldn't provide that much personally identifiable information to a private party for a cracker jack toy. That just reeks of some gimmick card that anyone can get for $13.

Visits: