Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Cable

Now that was really great...I got the newsletter...Thank you.

Steve, that is a great story of SNI. I did two tours there (69-70 and 80-81). The ecology dynamics of that place makes it one of the best places I was stationed.

Got mine about 30 minutes after I whined to Jim SEPCOR. He had not even seen my email yet when it showed up. Great issue!! Thanks for the literal blow by blow account of the hurricane, George.

Thanks to all for your efforts on the newsletter as well as what you do day to day for this site.

Jerry

I just received my copy of the Cable and you can only imagine my surprise when I opened it to see the article about the new commanding officer at NOPF Whidbey. "Commander Jason A. Vogt" It truly is a small world. One our four sons is named Jason Allen Vogt. I am presently searching for the admin phone number at whidbey to make a call to the skipper and pass along my congratulations and share this small bit of coincidence with him. My wife and I were just amazed.

JV, Ellen and I had the same reaction.I bet they are about the same age.

John -
I had the pleasure of meeting Commander Vogt and his lovely wife at the last Pacific Beach Reunion (have them every 3 years since 2001 - next one is 2013). He is a true officer and gentleman. He put on a terrific power point presentation at the reunion, and we got to tour the inside of the TE building. First time I have stepped into it since 1961, when I was transferred to San Nicolas Island. I was at Pac Beach from July '59-Feb '61.
It is amazing that your son and the Commander share the same name. Best to you and your family. Please give my regards to the Commander - tell him Irv DeMatties (one of the Pac Beach reunion organizers) wishes to thank him again for the tour through the TE building.

George Widenor
A hearty thanks and BZ to the folks who worked on the recently published newsletter.
George

Probably the best issue of "The Cable" yet. Thank you to everyone involved in putting this together and getting it distro'd to everyone. It made for some very interesting reading.

Rick

Visits: