Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Veterans Identification Card

Jim - The veterans identification card Jerry & I referred to in the previous 2 postings was linked (click on website) on our posts. I have put a link to it again with this email also. Hope this answers your question and gets you to the veterans identification card info. we were describing.

WhaT everyone iE calling a Veterans ID is in fact a VA health care card if you will. When you register at a VA hospital to receive care you are assigned a priority based on a bunch of factors one of which is income. Depending on the priority you are assigned you can get care and a ID.
Happy Thanksgiving ALL
CHUCK & LINDA CABLE

Here in Spokane I have no problem getting my discount at Lowes using my "Department of Veterans Affairs" card (with picture). Home Depot is another matter. They will only accept a picture ID stating you are "Active", "Retired", or "Disabled". They will no longer accept a DD214. If you spent 3 years-19 years and did not "retire" or you aren't "Disabled" they act as if you never served at all.
NAPA and most other places automatically give me a discount when I wear my NAVY ball cap.

That Veteranprograms.com site is totally unofficial. I wouldn't provide that much personally identifiable information to a private party for a cracker jack toy. That just reeks of some gimmick card that anyone can get for $13.

Visits: