IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pearl Harbour

Today is December 7th, the 70th Anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbour.
Pause a moment,remember and Honor those who died that day. We will remember this day and work to keep America always alert.
Marshall

Re: Pearl Harbour

Marshall - thanks for your posting of this message. Yes, this is a day in our history that NONE should ever forget, especially those of us who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces.

While stationed at Ford Island, Pearl Harbor (1978-81) - I had the distinct privlege of participating in numerous Naval ceremonies on the Arizona Memorial - and presenting flags to those who we were there for.

I am especially proud to have the flag which was flown over the Memorial (and the certificate), which I presented to my Dad (in a shadow box with other WWII memorbelia) as a tribute to his time served in the US Navy (1928-1931 and 1944-45). He never sailed into Pearl, but was in the North Atlantic 28-31 and in the Pacific battles in 44-45). I still have his Navy jumper blouse - with the white shoulder stripe, denoting his rank of Seaman First Class. His neckerchief is in the shadow box.

Not to downplay the significance, or make light of this day - but my oldest grandaughter was born to my oldest daughter on Dec 6th 1979 at Tripler Army Hospital. She is now 32 years old (yesterday) and the mother of 4 of our great-grandchildren. I always "rib" my daughter about not holding off her birth for -"just one more day" , so she could have been born on Dec 7th!!!.

Merry Christmas to all - and all the best in 2012

Irv (Dee)

Visits: