IUSSCAA Posting Guidelines

IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CAPT Paul Jacobs, USN (Ret) receives Surface Navy Special Recognition Award for 2012.

A member of the IUSS CAESAR Alumni Association, CAPT Paul Jacobs, USN (Ret) was recently awarded the prestigious Surface Navy Special Recognition Award for 2012 for his historic rescue of the Vietnamese refugees and documentary of the event entitled the 'The Lucky Few". CAPT Jacobs served in the IUSS as PME 124 from 1977 to 1981.

CAPT Jacobs sent me a copy of "The Lucky Few". It was awe inspiring. You can also see it on www.usnavytv.org and search "The Lucky Few". I was impressed with the entire story. When I asked him about his heroic acts his response was this - "I am asked why didn't you tell someone? Why wait 35 years? I think the officers and men of KIRK would all say we just did our job and went home."

I have pasted the notification letter below.

- Jim Donovan
CAPT USN (Ret)
Director
IUSSCAA

SURFACE NAVY ASSOCIATION

2 November 2011

CAPT Paul Jacobs, USN (Ret)
VRC
4031 University Drive, Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030

Dear CAPT Jacobs:

It is my pleasure to inform you that the Surface Navy Association (SNA) has chosen you as one of the recipients of the Surface Navy Special Recognition Award for 2012. You have been selected based on your historic rescue of the Vietnamese refugees and
recent documentary of the event entitled the 'The Lucky Few".

As you are well aware, the Surface Navy Association is a non profit organization that recognizes our military Surface Warriors both in the Navy and the Coast Guard. The Association was incorporated in 1985 to promote greater coordination and communication among those in the military, business and academic communities who share a common interest in Naval Surface Warfare. Our association consists of over
7200 members, encompassing active duty Officer and Enlisted military members and corporate executives. You can find more information on the internet at
www.navysna.org.

The SNA Special Recognition' Award was established to recognize members and individuals that have contributed to the Surface Warfare Community with excellence that is above and beyond promoting our community.

We would like to present the Award to you at the Association's National Symposium Awards Luncheon on Thursday, 12 January 2012 at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City Hotel in Arlington, Virginia. You and a guest are cordially invited to attend. The association will help fund your travel and lodging but we cannot fund additional guests. The luncheon will begin at noon. Additionally, we would like you to join us for our Annual Banquet that evening at 6:00pm

Congratulations and I look forward to seeing you on January 12th.

Ronald A. Route
Vice Admiral U.S. Navy (Ret)
President

Re: CAPT Paul Jacobs, USN (Ret) receives Surface Navy Special Recognition Award for 2012.

A recognition well deserved. "Well Done" to CAPT Jacobs from your SOSUS/IUSS shipmates. - Ed Smock

Re: CAPT Paul Jacobs, USN (Ret) receives Surface Navy Special Recognition Award for 2012.

Is this Paul F. Jacobs,the CEC officer that served in McMurdo, Antartica, NAVFAC Adak, Public Works (44) and was ROICC Charleston Naval Shipyard? The author of the fabled COSL "Fabulous Facts" series?

Visits: