Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Law Change Increases Insurance Coverage for Veterans

Very Interesting Jim,
I have less than the max and turned 60 Jun 2010, I never received anything telling me I was eligible to increase my coverage. Once again it appears they are only going to pass it to people who are in the know. This is so typical of military benefits???

John

I went to the VGLI website and there was no mention of any law change; however, if you're over 60, you can't increase it. It also said you can't increase it to more than your policy maximum was at the time of separation. It must be another OBAMA Care trick to screw Veterans!!!

By my reconing, If I can only increase it by 25K every 5 years, it'd take 30 years to get it from 250K to the current limit...Except of course, that any militry retiree would be well over the age of 60 before then....Sounds like a total waste of time to even pass the bill....Not going to do me any good, and probably not anyone else on here either.

I thought that was the norm now.
Marshall

I should note that not all members of this association are over the age of 60; at least not yet. Many IUSS vets retired after 20 years in their early 40's and some under TERA even younger. Like the article said, many vets (up to 70%) are eligible to increase their coverage and should take advantage if qualified. Eligible Veterans are notified of this opportunity a week before the start of the 120-day period prior to their anniversary date, and twice more before the actual anniversary date. Kathy and I did not opt for VGLI coverage and went with private insurance policies instead. Much better deal.

Well, this isn't the first time a bunch of old OTs missed the boat!!!

"Like" - Re: New Law Change Increases Insurance Coverage for Veterans

Paul, It is comments like yours that makes me wish this site had a "Like" button! Good one!

"Like" - Re: New Law Change Increases Insurance Coverage for Veterans

OK, so is that our new thingie? What ever that thread is that begins Old XXX never die, they just XXX?

Old OT's never die, they just miss the boat?

Visits: