Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Remember the desk

Hey DD. Hope all is well with you. Everytime I see your name I immediately recall the Ohio VS New York tequila drinking contest in Key West. I think we won because you crawled the last 100 feet to the barracks. :)

Randy

Hi DD Long time since I heard of you. Do you remember the new SN checking in at ARG and you went and got him and brought him over to Ens Ekstrom and introduced him to your watch officer and Eckstom pretended to be a deaf mute. It was one of the funniest pranks I ever saw.

Still doing that kind of thing??

Mark

Randy, not sure we made it back to barricks. I remember using the curb in parking lot for pillow.

Mark, spoke to Rich about a month ago. I dont think he wants to remember those days. Seems he is a little high up in South Carolina politics for that type of press. I thought that would a great add to his Bio.
DD

I have heard the story about the desk and surprised that no one has commented on it. Truly one of a IUSS trivia hilarious events. Are you still as crazy as you were in the Navy??? You were one of a kind. You also labled a super OT "BUNBUN". You always bring back many good memories. You were'nt there,probably busy with your new bride, but on the way back to the base after your wedding we had a great time at one of the strip clubs, do not remember the name of it. Attended by Pfeiffer, Blauvelt and Laux (may God bless him) and our wives.

HeY Nick. I believe the name of the club was the "Top Hat" in Topsail, Nfld.

Mark

Tks for the update on Rich. Do you know where he lives in SC, I have a brother in Columbia.

Mark

Mark
Google Rich and SC.
He is all over the place.
Also I remember the Top Hat well.
Dan

I do indeed remember the desk. In fact, somewhere in the boxes of memorabilia I have, is a roll of sound film (8mm Ektasound for those that remember) of you, I, Bob Henshaw, and Gary Peterson (rest his soul) on that morning that GPW became MCPO of PACSOSUS. He walked into his office to find Dan sitting behind the Commodore's Desk and the Commodore on the intercom telling him to Report to his office immediately. What a hoot! I'm sure George has told the story before but it was a unique event...

I'll call this week.... R

Rick
You have to see if you can find that film.
I would pay to get it put on a CD.
Dan
Call when you can

Somewhere in the bowels of my treasures, I have some still photos. I came across them about a year ago. When I find them again, I will post them. The look on my face as I entered the office is priceless. When I caught sight of DD sitting at the Commodore's desk (feet propped up), my jaw bounced off the deck. While my mind was processing what I was seeing, the Commodore's voice came over the intercom asking that I report to his office. He didn't sound happy.

On my way down that long pasageway, I knew one thing for certain. DD was in fact sitting at the Commodore's desk, and the desk was the length of the building from where it belonged. Entering the Commodore's office, my first glance was of the Commodore hunched over a small typing table which was crowded with his "desk stuff". He invited me to sit at the chair alongside the typing table. After some anxious moments, I caught a glimpse of a slight grin that the Commodore was trying to fight back. Blood started flowing again.

This is the best practical joke I have ever witnessed. I am still amazed that DD pulled it off.

By the way DD - do you recall the night that you, Bill Polk and I had a seafood dinner in Coos Bay? To refresh your memory, Bill had trout.

I'll be in touch soon.

Visits: