Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Russia to Build 6 Submarines Annually – Deputy PM

Dave and Jack,

I'm not going back on active duty "Eva"! Leave that to the young guys (and gals). We served our time honorably! Besides, talk about Sleeping On watch! It would be the norm for us these days. - Jim

I'd love to see them build an aircraft carrier a year!

I agree with Ed....I'd like to see them build an aircraft carrier every year. Or even a submarine, for that matter. I'd also be curious to know how you come up with skilled labor in such an effort, when none exists now. I think I smell B.S.

Lets hope that they do indeed concentrate on building them fast. I learned in my post-USN days that deliverables to the military can be "fast", "cheap" or of "good quality". Pick the two you want - can't have all three! If they start off with schedule as the driver, then they must select one from the remaining two. Bottom line - WE WIN!

Interesting. The present and future of ocean submarine detection and tracking is LEO satellite-based LASER surveillance. Passive SONAR is sadly a relic of a prior generation's technology. Even bi-static active now has its limitations. However, new generation BGL pinpoint detection and EM weapons will make the submarine, especially diesel's, a fairly high risk occupation in the time frame mentioned. Like Randy... sounds like more bluster than reality to me.

I would say if the Russian people continue to demonstrate against the ruling power/s like Vladimir Putin we probably have little to worry about. Besides there are a lot of truths being discussed by Rick and Randy.
However if needed, I could work a watch from 1000 to 1400 Tuesday - Friday only. Sorry no weekends, holidays. Birthdays off; to include wife, daughters and grand children. Oh yea a one year contract required upon signing on.
Chuck
Chuck

Visits: