Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: MY RETIREMENT

I attended the Ceremony on Saturday. It was very entertaining and true to Paula. I have never seen so many Chiefs in one place before. She had done a lot during her career and it was reflected in the comments by other Master Chiefs and Senior Chiefs that spoke. I was honored to represent the IUSS system and be mentioned by name during her speech.

Jim, you did not want to hear that rendition of Anchor's Aweigh.

TOM

Congratulations on a fine career. I can tell you from experience you will never forget the time spent.
I also must add that if the Chief's were off key it was for the lack of enough grog.
Fair winds and following seas.
Marshall

Congratulations Paula. Thank you for your service to the nation and your fellow shipmates. The most difficult part of retirement is the sadness at not being with friends and shipmates that came to mean so much during active duty. Military men and women are truly the most special people in America.

May you forever sail in calm seas and remember how sweet it was to serve with those who really cared about their country.

"All who serve deserve their time of glory. Not the glory of marching bands or newspaper interviews, but the glory of knowing, in their hearts and for all time, that they had done something important and good." - Lt Col Henry A. Mucci, January 1945, The Philippine Islands.

Visits: