Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Veterans Identification Card

As indicated in my posting last fall, this all started after Veterans Day after hearing of some eating places and stores offering free meals or discounts to veterans on Veterans Day. This card seemed to be a lot easier and safer to carry around than a DD214 form. I tried to get a veterans card from the VA hospital here in town after being directed there by the local Navy recruiting office and also the gate guard at NAS Cecil Field near Jacksonville. I went to the VA hospital and told the lady there that I only wanted a veterans id card and was not trying to get health benefits. Nothing wrong with me except for being crazy. ;-) After asking me many personal questions about health, income, home ownership, etc. she stated I did not qualify for a card because our income was to high and therefore didn't qualify for health benefits. About a week later I got an official letter from the VA stating the same. Seems like someone missed what I was trying to get.

At this point I suspect I will just go back to being a "non veteran" as it doesn't seem to be worth the hassle to get a card so I don't need to carry a DD214. However, thanks for all your responses and input. Since I was having problems getting the card from the website indicated I wondered if anyone else was and also posting a caution that it could be a scam to get personal information and/or money. Strange thing is they haven't yet cashed the check I sent in January either. ???

Several of the Counties up here in New York have a "Return the Favor...Thank You For Your Service" program. They provide various discounts at different businesses in the County. You go to the local VA office complete a form and then to the County Clerk's office for a ID Card that has your picture on it and states what branch of service you were in and how it was verified (DD214 in my case). It serves as proof you were in the Service. It doesn't matter how long you were in to get this card, just proof of service. TOM

when I got out of the navy I got a dd217n card that shows I was in the service

U.S. Veteran Compensation Program in Houston, Texas ID Card Scam

It's a scam in Houston texas.
Need to file a complaint with the Texas Attorney general's office, they have over 400 complaints for this companyand they will investigate your local complaint.

Also file a Complaint with the FBI internet crimes unit as the are actively looking for this scam artist at Asprye Printing. The main company is in the Woodlands in Houston, Texas

i belive it is a fonie... i applied for card 11/23/11, sent money (thank god its only 12$!) and haven't received it. SCAM

Visits: