Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Whidbey

Thanks for info. I did find a place called Cliff Side that is on NAS Whidbey. I have to find out exactly where my son and daughter in law live. The Reagan is there somewhere.

"In January 2011, the Navy announced that the USS Ronald Reagan would be transferred to the Puget Sound Naval Ship Yard in Bremerton, WA for a Docked Planned Incremental Availability beginning in January 2012 and would be based there for about a year. Thus the official home port has been changed to Bremerton, Washington for a period of approximately 12 months to begin Jan. 10, 2012 while the ship undergoes scheduled repair and maintenance." according Wikipedia.

Bremerton is a ferry ride and a nice drive away from Whidbey and even farther from Everett.

NAS Whidbey has a new camp ground that opened in May. Nice location over looking the Sound. As for the Regan. It is in Bermerton and it is a ferry ride over from Whidbey and about an hour from the ferry.

Thanks for info, I did find "Cliffside" rv park on Whidbey Island looks nice. Not sure if we are going now as my son is planning leave in Sept, if we do will probably stay at Belfair state park about 15 minutes from kids house. Probably wait till they go back to San Diego after baby is born to visit.

Visits: