Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Former Naval Annex/NOB Bermuda

Hi All,

I recently returned from a 12-night stay in Bermuda during which I was privileged to gain access to the former Naval Annex/NOB at Morgan's Point. I spent roughly three hours on the former base taking 124 photographs many of which I will be providing to the IUSSCAA.

I wish to create comparison photos of scenes from earlier years around NOB vs the photos I’ve taken in 2012. I have a few photos of NOB BDA from my tour in the time-frame 1971-73 from which to create some comparisons but not enough to satisfy my purpose.

If anyone has photos of NOB BDA navy housing, barracks, outdoor theater, etc. while the base was still in commission would you please contact me and let me know what you're willing to provide? Thank you.

Additionally, I’m interested in obtaining photographs of the former dispensary and the nurses quarters from NOB Bermuda for my personal album. These buildings were destroyed long ago and I cannot find photos of them anywhere.

Thank you.

Best Regards to all,

Denny

Re: Former Naval Annex/NOB Bermuda

Good luck, Denny. I'm surprised they let a Steeler fan on the island.....:)

Randy

Randy,

That's funny. I have a photo taken just outside the Royal Naval Dockyard of the STEELER logo painted on the side of an industrial tank of some kind. In my numerous visits to Bermuda I have never seen any other NFL team's logo displayed anywhere on the islands. Not even the Browns.

R/Denny

So on which trip did you bring your paint along? Just kidding.

Hey, Denny....I'm a Browns fan and don't post any of their logo's, lol.

I was stationed at the Naval Operating Base Bermuda from June 1959 to July 1962. I was assigned to the Ground Electronics Division responsible for the Receiver Site and maintaining the radios in the Control Tower and Crash Boats. I also maintained two 5000 watt transmitters that were used to transmit NAVFAC data between Bermuda and Norfolk thru a 4 channel multiplexor (AN/FGC5). I arrived as a Seaman out of ET 'A' school Great Lakes, Ill and left as a Second Class ET transferring to The Pentagon and NAVCOSSACT. I have a few pictures of the transmitter site and an issue of the Great Sound base newspaper.

Visits: