Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: PASSING OF DAN MARTIN

I am very saddened to hear of Dan's passing. He was a fine individual. My deepest prayers and sympathies to his family. I hope you will find comfort in knowing that his spirit lives on and that we will all hold onto those many great memories.

Dan was quite simply, one of the most delightful people I have ever known. I am fortunate for having known him in my Navy life, and some months ago we did some reminiscing during a phone chat. I am very saddened by Dan's passing, but our community is better because he was a part of it - and in our memories, he still is!

It is very difficult to express the level of sorrow my wife and I feel after hearing of Dan Martin's passing. Every person I know who ever met Dan thought the world of him. He was a great person to be friends with, and a true system personality. Our memories of good times with the Martins are pricelss, and our sadness at losing DD is overwhelming. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Joanie and the family.

See you soon old friend...

Rick and Joan Matthews

UPDATE (Funeral arrangements):
THE VIEWING FOR DAN MARTIN WILL BE HELD
THURSDAY AUG. 2, 2012 12PM TIL 8PM
SCHLIENTZ AND MOORE FUNERAL HOME
820 MIAMISBURG-CENTERVILLE RD, CENTERVILLE OHIO

A MASS WILL BE HELD FOR DAN MARTIN
FRIDAY AUG. 3, 2012 9:30....VIGIL
10:30....MASS
ST. FRANCIS OF ASSIS

To leave a condolence to the family link here...

Master Jack,

My heartfelt sympathies for the loss of your friend and shipmate. Please pass my condolences on to his family!

Fair Winds...

Timothy

Sorry to hear about Dan's passing. My sincerest condolances to Joan and the family.

Mark

DD and I were in Key West at the same time, followed by Argentia. He was one of those guys who was full of life and humor, and I think everyone has a Dan Martin story of two. It is very saddening to lose him and our heartfelt sympathies go out to his family. RIP, Dan....

Walt & I are so very sad to hear about the passing of Dan Martin. What a GREAT GUY!!! One of the BEST in our IUSS Family. He was a gentle man & always had a kind word to say. Our thoughts & prayers reach out to Dan's Family, Friends, & Shipmates. Pat & Walt

Visits: