Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Best Section ever at NAVFAC Kef

Don't know about anyone else, but I know I served in the "Best Watch Section at NAVFAC Kef" - Section 1 in 1977; in the "Best PA shop in the History of the IUSS" at NAVFAC Kef in 1978; in the "Best Watch Section at NAFVFAC Kef" -Section 3 in 1983; In the "Best QA Shop Ever" - Kef 1984; and at "The Best NAVFAC in the World" - NAVFAC Kef 1995-96..... Does anyone see a pattern here? lol - Jim

I will stack up the group we had in the Commisioning Crew in 1966: Jack King, Dave Dittler, Charlie Hibbitts, Carl Diquallo, Earnie Castillo ( we was CO, but was in QA all the time), Herb Savage.

1977 Keflavik, we had this Maintenance dude in our section named Donovan! If fact, there's a picture of him at Doc's house somewhere in the photo archive! Could it be possible that there were two OT2 Donovan's there in 1977?

As to Robin, you were my boss when they made me the SADR/ADC training PO as a Seaman in '77 with a OTCM Widenor at the helm...

memories...

Timmy, That would have been me. I arrived at Kef from C-School but they needed qualified Watch Coordinators on the watchbill in OPS so that's where I ended up. Yup, that's me in that pic. Thanks for posting it - Ughhh..... Jim

Jim Donovan
Timmy, That would have been me. I arrived at Kef from C-School but they needed qualified Watch Coordinators on the watchbill in OPS so that's where I ended up. Yup, that's me in that pic. Thanks for posting it - Ughhh..... Jim

I know Jim! I got to Kef about two weeks after you did...

Anyone know what Mike Christie is doing? He and his lovely wife nearly killed me with home made Kahlua and lasagna one night. Black Russians and too much cheese will stop you up for days. Doc Brodeur sent me to the hospital I was in so much pain!

Re: Best Section every In kef

My neighbor, in Kef. 1975, was Frank Gendusa. At the time, I was assistant manager of the Viking cafeteria. Naturally, he could not devulge anything about the OT job, however, knowing him, he must have been quite a good OT himself. After leaving Kef, I went to OT-A school in Keywest. Frank talked me into becoming an OT without having to get into the classified information.
I think he and his wife were good folks.

Remember Frank from Arg. His nickname was hotdog and if you ever saw him maneuver a basketball you would know why. He was a great athlete.

It wasn't a watch section, but the QA shop in 81-82 was kicking butt. Randy Scott, Dave Custer, Doug Devers, Jim "Flash" Gordon, Jamie Gram, and myself. We had a great shop. That's when I fell in love with QA and worked in QA at every duty station afterwards with the exception of JMF, when I finally worked in Ops Training.

I worked in QA in Guam, Centerville Beach, and Antigua. I liked the job
and it was interesting.

Visits: