IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Veterans Voice - Help for Tinnitus?

Veterans suffering from tinnitus related to their military service will have access to a nonsurgical, nonpharmacological treatment that uses low-level tones to relieve the often debilitating condition. The Department of Veterans Affairs awarded a contract to SoundCure of San Jose, Calif., to provide its Serenade device to VA centers and clinics, the firm said.

The FDA-cleared product is a handheld device that emits so-called S tones along narrow- and broad-band auditory stimuli that react with the auditory cortex to suppress tinnitus generation, according to the company. Patients perceive sounds from the device as softer than the tinnitus, yet they may completely eliminate perception of the tinnitus. The device's sound patterns are customized for each patient based on a clinical evaluation of their normal hearing as well as their tinnitus. If you have tinnitus, contact the VA for this service.

Re: Veterans Voice - Help for Tinnitus?

Jim,
Thanks, I have been on disability from the VA for Tinnitus, since 1982.
John Heizer

Re: Veterans Voice - Help for Tinnitus?

I have had ringing in my ears for years but never got it documented in my service record. I guess I am SOL. Did this article mention ratings that may be affected.I guess I should read it. Hope it isnt a video cause my hearing is shot. I have been knocked in head from M/C accidents you would think they would realize I would be a candidate. Who knows?

Visits: