IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CAPT Kirk Evans' Interment - Arlington National Cemetery

CAPT Kirk Evans' Interment - Arlington National Cemetery
December 27th - 1100 - Reception to Follow

Dear Friends and Colleagues of Kirk Evans-

Kirk's daughter, Kirsten, and son Brian, have asked me to let his work colleagues know that his interment at Arlington National Cemetery ail be on Wednesday, December 27th at 1100. Following his service, they will be hosting a light lunch. I have offered our GTRI office in the Rosslyn Metro Building as a place to meet after his burial, as it is close by where those attending can easily meet after the service. Kirk will be buried almost 2 years to the day (12/23) that his wife Linda was buried at Arlington.

FYI, there is a MarcPark pay garage in our building is on North Moore Street (one way towards Wilson Blvd) beneath our building (where the buses pickup). The GTRI office is on the 19th floor – Suite 1910. In case of of any problem please call me at 703-819-9931. Direction to the office can be found at: http://www.gtri.gatech.edu/node/112

As Kirk's list of friends is long, please pass this information on to anyone that I may have missed (and I know I have). I do not have an e-mail address for RADM John Gauss (ret), RADM Jay Cohen (ret), Capt Hal Williams (ret) or others he worked with at SAIC, DSR etc before coming to DHS S&T.

Kirk's family asked if you plan to attend the luncheon to please RSVP to Kirsten at: k.k.evans@earthlink.net (only if you will be able to attend). It will help her and her brother gauge what is needed. They understand the timing of this is difficult because of the holiday, but this is out of their control and dictated by the cemetery.

While a somber occasion, it provides those plank owners from S&T to reunite, as well as those many of friends from his IUSS and earlier days to trade stories of Kirk – like when he put the GE Container Security Device on his door one night and someone thought it a secret security lock because of a security bust ………or other quaint pranks.

Visits: