IUSSCAA Posting Guidelines

IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
We don't brag about our childen enoungh.......

OK.....since you insist....

With a bow to Tom Yorty....I can't top him and don't want to.

So....that said.....

My sweet daughter just graduated from the University of Maryland with a BS degree in Neurobiology (not sure what that is) and a minor in Physiology (that either) .

I'm taking her to Manhattan, NYC Sunday. She starts grad school 20 January. After grad school, she plans to enroll in a simultaneous MD/PHD program.

Believes she was put on the planet to find a cure for Multiple Sclerosis.

Told her she had to get through a George Widenor oral board before it was all done. She wasn't intimidated......sorry George....I warned her....please don't make me go to the board.....I've always been weak on Physics of Sound and Plotting.

She can't even annotate.

A funny aside.....

Came home early one day in Kef......don't know why.

As I turned in to my apartment, I spied a young guy across the driveway trying to pull up his diaper after taking a leak on the building. Had to help him.....and sent him packing with a stern admonition. Think that was Gary Donovan (maybe 2 years old).....hope his dad has better manners.

Merry Xmas to you all.

Gary Peterson RIP.

Nick

Re: We don't brag about our childen enoungh.......

Nick (older friend),

Thanks for starting this post. I suspect we are all pretty proud of our kids. Your daughter Lauren is simply amazing and we think very highly of her and of you who raised her. I hope she does find a cure for Multiple Sclerosis - and I suspect she probably will!

As for my son Gary Donovan. Yes, that was him who peed on the pristine, new NATO base Keflavik Tree Housing building back in 1977. He was about 2 years old. Today Gary is 36, married and has 4 kids of his own (13, 9, 6 and 1 years old). He lives in Charlotte, NC and manages a Cracker Barrel restaurant. I am as proud of him as I am of any of my 4 kids.

Sad to say his manners ARE better than his father. I after all, received training from the likes of YOU, Al Brandt, Randy Scott and a few others who shall remain nameless (Wheeler, Cable, Widenor, to name a few!). Yes, I still blow my nose in the white linen tablecloths at Wardroom functions, use foul language at official functions on occasion and pass gas at the most inopportune times.

If it wasn't for you guys I might have become "somebody"!

All the best, Jim

Four from 3 marriages, don't learn real quick. Daughter lives in Scotia, Ca works for Humbolt County supervisor in welfare dept. Fluent in Spanish (I can't even speak english that well) has 3 sons, Haven't seen or talked to oldest son since he was 3yoa. Next son spent 5 years in navy submariner now works in electronics in Des Moines, married 4 mo old son. Youngest is an ABF on USS Reagan, missed 3rd by 7 points 2 cycles ago and 2 points last cycle, married daughter due in Jan. Very proud of all of them

OK since you insist on this subject, my daughter Jennifer works at Blackwater/Academi or whatever it is called nowdays and has two GREAT kids, Justin who just finished his first semester at App. State and made the deans list with 3 As and 3 Bs, majoring in Biochemistry. (He's trying to follow in his Uncles footsteps) and Jessica who is a Junior a Knapp Early College High School here in Currituck. She is a great soccer player (plays on an all boys team and gives them Heck)and also made the honor roll for the first semester. My son James, is a OB/GYN living in Concorde, NC (near Charlotte) and is the head of the Dept. at the hospital and also head of a 5 doctor pratice there. Equally proud of them both.

Hi Nick,

No kids to brag about, but my horse is amazing.

Wanted to say thanks for remembering Gary Peterson. I visit his resting place in Rosecrans on occasion, and always wave when I drive by. I'll tell him you said hey next time I visit.

Hope all is well. Roberta

My oldest son has his Masters many years ago and is presently a GM-14 in England. My middle son is a LCDR USN stationed in Millington. Will be eligible for CDR in May. My daughter still lives is VB and works at Penneys in Chesapeake.
chuck

Visits: