IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Challenge to All"

“Challenge to all”. Thinking ahead to our 60th Anniversary/Reunion (Sep 2014) regarding donations, normally some of us contribute some amount for various table items and to keep the price down for everyone.

Here is a challenge to all the membership. Let’s say we each put in $1.00 (one) dollar for every year we were associated with SOSUS/IUSS. (For some, the amount will be less than they normally give however, with a good turnout to the challenge we may surpass the amount we raised last year.).

It will also be a time to reflect on and appreciate the many years of service to SOSUS/IUSS by the membership. (Use Sep 2014 as the cut-off date.).

Consider it as $1.00 for each year of memories – very cheap. - I’m good for $60.00. Ed Smock

(If you donate by check, please make it out to IUSSCAA and mail to Jim Donovan 664 Rosaer Lane, Virginia Beach, VA 23464 (“memo’ 60th) for deposit.) Thank You… Ed

Re: "Challenge to All"

I'm in for $42.

Great idea Ed.

J

Ed - What a great idea. Count me in.
($60.00 - How much is that in dog years?)
Chuck Gagnon

Just in case there is any confusion: If you were associated with SOSUS/IUSS for 12 years - then your challenge donation would be $12.00. Thanks again, Ed

Re: "Challenge" Current fund $862.00

Ed,

Excellent idea. I'm in. FYI all, in 2009 we raised approximately $5,000.00 in donations, mostly from association members. We used that money to pay for tickets for 10 Sailors (including the color guard); programs; mementos; happy hour food; and to keep the cost of tickets at $50.00 per person (same as the 45th and 50th!).

- Jim

Ed -

I like it !! (you "OLD TIMERS" come up with amazing ideas !!)
Count me in for $30 ($23 for active IUSS duty, 3 years IUSS support @ TRW, and a few extra just for "Sh.... and G.......".)

My check is in the mail......

Looking forward to our 55th in 2014 !

Irv

I'm in Ed! 36 years direct support and 14 more for IUSSCAA indirect support (6 years overlapping) so count me in for $50. Great idea!

Great Idea - checks in the mail!

Ed -

I must be "losing it" !!! After reading your Challenge to All post, and the fact that you noted it was for our 60th reunion - my reply said that I was looking forward to seeing you at the 55th - which, of course, I already had !!

Irv

we understand Dee..........we understand!!

I knew he would catch up... Like the old days... - Ed

I guess I need a check for 21.8 Navy and 20.4 Civil Service-$42.00 dollars. In the mail.
Chuck

I'm wealthy and I'll double anyone's contribution......let's roll....

Nick

Count me in for $50 on PayPal.

Ed and Jim -

Thanks Ed for proprosing this great idea to help fund the 60th (or is it the 55th?) I really know, just acting stupid !) !!

And Jim, (or whoever else may have come up with the idea of a "DONATION BUTTON") - nothing short of brilliant ! That way, we can contribute, anytime, with ease.

Great thinkers we have (and had) in our "system" !

Cheers!! Hope to see lots of familiar (I was going to say old - then, I thought I better choose my words more wisely)

Dee

Visits: