IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Our newest member - PO1 SONAR OP Heather White, CF

Thought it might be interesting to randomly post information about members who join the IUSSCAA as we receive their applications. Heather White joined our ranks this past weekend. - Jim

*PO1 SONAR OP HEATHER WHITE, CF - Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia. Served at NAVFAC Shelburne 1976-80 and 1983-87. Since 1987 Heather has been assigned to 14 Wing, Greenwood, Nova Scotia where she serves as Senior Acoustic Sensor Analyst for the Canadian P3 Aurora Long Range Patrol Aircraft. In 2008 - 09 she completed a tour in Afghanistan at the Kandahar Airfield in the TFK assisting with air troop support and medical evacuations. After 38 years of faithful service in the Canadian Forces, Petty Officer Heather White will be retiring from the Canadian Forces in August of 2014. "I will be going to Proud Manta for the last time this year. I still have a COSL Level 1 Name tag and a COSL IUSS coffee Cup."

Re: Our newest member - PO1 SONAR OP Heather White, CF

A hearty welcome to Heather from a “Plank Owner” of the Joint RCN/USN Oceanographic Research Station Shelburne, Nova Scotia Canada (1955-1957). HMCS Shelburne/NAVFAC Shelburne or whatever names it was changed to - it was a beautiful place to serve – my first and favorite. My wife also served there at that time. She was a Leading Wren and a “Very Proud Canadian” - (I am still active with SOSUS/IUSS at NOPF Dam Neck, VA) - Ed Smock OTCM USN (Ret).

Re: Our newest member - PO1 SONAR OP Heather White, CF

Heather,

Welcome to the Association and the web site. I was not stationed at Shelburne but made a number of official visits to the site during the periods 1978-81 and 1984-86. Always had a great time. The "Girls of Shelburne" as we referred to them back in the day, were some of the most professional and best OTs/Ocean Ops in the System.

My favorite was Cecelia "Sis" Hubbard. My wife and I sponsored Sis on her exchange tour to Bermuda in the mid 70s. She and my wife became like sisters, playing softball together and things like that. I sure hate that Sis is no longer with us. She was a good story teller and would have enjoyed this web site.

It's now your responsibility to start some Shelburne "stories". You'll be amazed who will pop out of the woodwork and reply/embellish your thread.

Again, Welcome.

John Ellis, OTCM, USN(Ret)

Visits: