Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dumbest order you ever received...

Yes, Jim it was before you got there. Greg, Tia and I have been divorced for many years... but doing OK.

Oh ****...Sorry to hear that Randy. I looked several times to see if I could find her on facebook, without any luck....Strange hoe many people I served with are NOT on any sites.....

Still, glad to hear you did okay.....If you ever get in touch with Tia, tell her I said "hi".

Re: OT1 Jane Wright - Watch Coordinator

Speaking of Jane Wright, I do have one interesting sea story. As a "Boot" LDO Ensign on my very first assignment (Watch Officer - NAVFAC Kef) in 1983 I got into the habit of "walking the beams" as soon as HYRADS finished printing in hopes of finding initial contacts for our Watch Team. I probably found one or two before I noticed something strange had happened.

My Watch Coordinator was no longer present on the watch floor. When I queried the Watch Supervisor, she indicated Petty Officer Wright had retired to the Soup Kitchen a couple of hours ago. When I questioned OT1 Wright (who was smoking in the Geedunk Room) she informed me that she had "signed over" the watch to ENS Donovan because apparently I was now doing her job. Sure enough, I checked the Watch Coordinator log and she had done so.

I learned an important lesson that night - Officers do officer work and enlisted men and women do their jobs. I never again walked those beams unless I was invited to do so by my Watch Coordinator - which she did on rare occasion.

Then there was the chewing out I took for holding the door open for Petty Officer Wright when entering or exiting the T-building! Those who know Jane Wright can picture her gritting her teeth and glaring at me saying "Sir!!!!! Don't do that!".... Lol All in all one of my very favorite shipmates over my career.

- Jim

While at Coos Head, during a intruder alert drill I was told "not to run with that weapon" by a drill proctor. ??

Visits: