IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sad Anniversary

USS SCORPION (SSN 589) sank with all 99 hands, SW of the Azores, 45 years ago today.

Re: Sad Anniversary

Jack,
I will never forget that watch section and the tears that were evident from the toughest of John's Runners to the most boot reader. We saw it ALL.
CEC

Seems like yesterday when we worked on this at COSL

Very sad and tragic indeed Jack. With Memorial upon us it is important to remember our fallen comrades and all those who made the ultimate sacrifice in the name of peace and freedom. We that are here today need to spend a few moments in silence or place a wreath to extend our deepest thoughts and prayers and to pay the homage to all the great heros before us. Also, let us pray for the safety of all our service people around the globe. May they all be held in the hands of Jesus.

Very well said Chief. After all the years that many of us served in the service, and now I'm sitting here eating my mexican porkchop and I reaize that the expression...."Yea, but for the grace of God go I," is so true. I will certainly bow my head and say a prayer for our men and women in the military. From the beginning of our great country to the present, we have had courageous servicemen and women in harms way to protect our way of life.

Visits: