IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: We lost another shipmate (30 Jun 13)

It's a tragedy when such a bright light fades at such a young age. She'll be missed by all the communities she touched through the years. My sincere condolence to her family.
Chuck

I remember Nan as a student Ensign attending OT "A" school in 1975 in Key West and as a LCDR at NOPF DN in 1986. She was a consummate professional with an infectious sense of humor. She will be missed by all who had the honor of meeting this grand lady. My sincere condolences go out to her family and close friends.

Denny

P.S. I posted a photo I took of her and two other Ensigns in the FSS Key West folder of the photo library captioned "Soon To Be OWO's, Key West 1975". See the comments beneath the photo for the identity of each Ensign.

I remember her at the school as well. It is with deep sorrow that I extend my condolences as well to her loved ones.

Very, very sad news, indeed. I worked for Nan in the 80's at NOPF DN. She was one of the best officers I ever knew.

The world has lost a genuinely outstanding human being.

Nick

An outstanding officer and leader. Our thoughts are with family and friends as they remember this special lady!

I was shocked when I read this. My condolences to the family. I served with Nan in Antigua and she was a lot of fun to be around and very sincere about her service. If you ever met her, you would know she was a special person.
Marshall

wow smokey, talk about a name from the past. I havent interacted with her in years but i do remember her fondly.

I just discovered about the loss of Capt. Nan Honey. I worked with her at COSL in the late 70's . She was a fine person and excellant officer. The world is a little dimmer with her passing. She will be greatly missed.

Visits: