Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Passing of OTACS Hal Cook

Very sad news. Hal was one of the best and the letter he wrote is testament to that. He lived life on his terms and was happy to have known all of us. We are all better for having known him. I was going to delete his email address from my address book but have decided not to. I shall keep it there as a great memory of a great individual. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. I look forward to the day when we all will be reunited at our final duty station. RIP Hal!

JV

I haven't been on here for a while and was saddened to read about Hal's passing. He was a unique, no nonsense kind of guy who called it as he saw it! RIP, Hal....

Sad indeed. Hal was a great instructor, a great person.

I see that another great OT has passed. Hal and I were in the same class in "AAA" school in 1980 (with OT2 Jim Donovan as one of our instructors) and in addition to being a superb analyst he was also great fun to be around.

This is quite the shock because it was only several weeks before that he sent me an email saying that he had finally won his appeal with VA after many years of perseverance and would be receiving a large back pay settlement from them.

I imagine that he is still "standing the watch" as I type this.

Visits: