IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Commentaries of Mr. Bruce Rule

I wanted to thank Mr. Bruce Rule for his recent series of historical commentaries on such topics as - Two Soviet Submarine Disasters; Loss of SCORPION; Loss of THRESHER; Unconventional Soviet Submarines; etc. It has been a pleasure and an entertaining stroll down memory lane reading each and every article over the past six weeks. Many members have provided positive feedback. We are forever in your debt, Bruce!

Bruce Rule has agreed to allow us to archive and capture his comments in a separate file for ease in location and for future reference. Our Webmaster, Russ Lownie has created a new file under the "Articles" tab on the IUSSCAA Home Page (http://www.iusscaa.org/ide.htm). Name of file is "The Commentaries of Bruce Rule". Check it out.

Best regards,
Jim Donovan
CAPT USN (Ret)
Director, IUSSCAA

Re: The Commentaries of Mr. Bruce Rule

I for one am really glad that he was on "our" side. His devotion to his chosen field is noteworthy and I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed his recent literary contributions. He could easily give Tom Clancy a run for his money and not even have to make it a novel. Seriously, Bruce, I join the many others who really appreciate your dedication. Thanks.

Re: The Commentaries of Mr. Bruce Rule

I thank Sandy and others for their kind words concerning my postings on this site. Since I was fortunate enough to have often been in the right place at the right time: Norfolk in Oct 62, THRESHER in 63, BRIDGE IOC in 63, KEF IOC in 66 and at ONI from 63 to 92 and from 96 to 07, and to have worked with George Miller who was responsible for the SV system and for many of the collateral intelligence S&T breakthroughs that flummoxed so many who could not understand how acoustics could produce such information, it is appropriate that those events and what was derived from them be shared as much as possible on this site.

Best to all,

Bruce

Visits: