Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Announcement of turnover of IUSSCAA Webmaster duties

Rick: hard to believe 20 years have Gone by since you offered your talents and services to a fledging new organization in the early 90's you took us into the 21st century. You will always have my sincerest appreciation and respect. Luckily for Jim it is being handed over to a good set of hands. EKD

Jim, EKD, Ellis, Russ, and especially Jack:

It has been a privilege and distinct pleasure to support my shipmates working with the Association leadership these past 20 years. You have done so much to keep the threads of friendship together for us all. You have my sincere appreciation for all that you do each day. I hope to be able to assist you further as you see fit and my health permits. I felt it important to the IUSSCAA's future for me to resign and place my responsibilities into the very capable hands of Russ as I embark on this new life challenge.

To all my friends and shipmates... it has been the great joy of my life to support the system on active duty, with E-Systems/Raytheon for 15 years, and with this Association for the past 20 years. I have worked with many here, have been fortunate to meet even more through professional association, and have longed to meet and share a soft drink with even more of you. I've watched and mourned as many of our friends and shipmates have passed on to other duties. Yet I know that everything has its time and place, and we all do the best we can to deal with what is thrown our way. I have no regrets and always tried to do my very best. What more can we all do than that?

In the coming weeks and months I'm going to fight the toughest battle of my life thus far. I'll be thinking of you all. You have my very best wishes for future success. I'll try to drop in and say Howdy occasionally.

Best Regards To All,

Rick Matthews
OTCM USN(RET)

Rick,
Maintenance of the IUSS website for 20 years is a feat within it self, however you should carry your passion, noted in some of your posts, through to fight whatever health issue you are facing. Best of luck shipmate and remember I beat the "C" with the prayers and love of my family and friends and you know you have the prayers of everyone on this web site. God Bless and keep in touch.
Chuck & Linda

Rick I am not as eloquent as most of the previous posters, so I will keep it simple. Thank you for all you've done. I too have faced some desperate life challenging situations, I will keep you in my prayers. I know you're tough so whatever the threat I know you will fight the good fight. Again my sincere thanks.
A.V. (Tony) Alfieri, OTCM , USN (ret).

Thank you for your hard work and dedication Rick! Without your continued skills and efforts this site may never have been. Your passion for making things happen is the fiber of who you are. It is my pleasure and honor to know you. Well done my friend. My deepest thoughts and prayers are with you for whatever battles you face in the future. Always remember that you are never alone. God bless!

I hope that you can keep on keep'n on as others have posted here. I pray that your situation will be overcome positively and I appreciated working with you at CNFJ. Best wishes to you and your family.

Rick -

My family and I just returned from Oregon (and a visit to the former NavFac at Coos Head) where I met my wife over 50 years ago.

Having read each one of the posts regarding your service to this site over the last 20 years, I wish to add my thanks for your dedication to the System and this website. TWO THUMBS UP for a job well done !

I honestly cannot recall having served with you - or having met you during our careers within the System. However, just having the privlege of participating on this site over the last several years, and knowing your involvement, it seems like I have known you a long, long time.

I will keep you in my prayers for a COMPLETE victory over whatever battle it is you are up against.

Keep in touch, as you are able - all the best to you and yours.

Irv (Dee) DeMatties

Rick,

You already know how much respect I have held for you over all these years since you took me under your wing and showed me that there was an educator in me and I should follow that path. During the years we were stationed together, as well as watching what you contributed these past twenty years, the defining word for you in my mind has always been a true professional.

Whatever the fight may be, I wish you strength and success in beating it, and know you have lots of friends that care about you and pray for that success.

John Ross

Rick, you have always given your best in every thing you have ever been assigned to or taken on voluntarily. You are in our prayers for your next challenge.
You were well liked by all you met and most of all highly respected by those of us in the system.
Marshall

I guess the best way to say it is 'BZ' Rick.

Rick...Thanks for the Many Years of Keeping this Fine Organization Informed and Together!
I join the in the Long List of Prayers and Get Well Wishes...May God Grant You His Blessings and Help in Fighting what it is that You so Bravely now Face! Good Luck my Friend!!

Visits: