Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Passing of CWO3 Tina Seitzinger

This was shocking news to hear this morning. Tina grew up in the system and her absence will be very visible. She will be missed by her family and her Navy family.

The news of Tina's passing today was just heat breaking. Words cannot express how tragic it is to lose such a stellar sailor and friend at such a young age. There will be a hollow void in our QA shop without her talent, brilliant smile, quick wit and of course her smart ass remarks. Our hearts go out to Rob and family during this time of sorrow. Rest in peace my friend....we have the watch.

I was deeply saddened to hear this news. Tina will be sorely missed. Deepest condolences to Rob and the family.

Tina's passing was shocking and devastating, to lose somebody so young makes you stop and take another look at life. My condolences to Rob and the families and friends who mourn this tragic loss. I will miss you my fellow Long Islander, when I think of you I will think of your laugh, your smile, the NY Rangers, the NY Giants, and Seinfield. Till another time we meet be at peace!

Update from NOPF Dam Neck Commanding Officer:

All,

Thank you for the tremendous outpouring of support, Tina's family is very grateful knowing they are not alone in dealing with this tragic loss. Although we do not have any specific details yet, her husband Rob relayed to me that the memorial service will most likely be sometime on Monday, 9 September. We should know more over the next 24 hours and I will continue to provide you updates when I get them.

Very respectfully, CO

My condolences to Rob and family, I am shocked and sadden by Tina's passing. TOM

I was stunned when I heard of Tina Seitzinger's passing. She will be greatly missed by the IUSS community and her family. She was a true professional and a warm and caring person that I had the pleasure of working with over the years. My thoughts and prayers go out to Rob and her family.

From NOPF Dam Neck Commanding Officer regarding Tina's viewing and service:

Viewing will be held on Sunday, September 8, from 1600-1800 at Holloman-Brown Funeral Home in Kempsville.

The memorial service will be held on Monday, September 9, at 1200 at Holloman-Brown Funeral Home in Kempsville.

The graveside interment will be held on Monday, September 9 at 1400 at Albert G. Horton Jr. Memorial Veterans Cemetery in Suffolk.
- There will be a procession from Holloman-Brown Funeral Home to A.G. Horton Veterans Cemetery.

Holloman-Brown Funeral Home
1485 Kempsville Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
(757) 495-7727

Albert G. Horton Jr. Memorial Veterans Cemetery
5310 Milners Road
Suffolk, VA 23434
(757) 255-7217

For military guests, the uniform will be Summer Whites.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to:
Virginia Beach SPCA www.vbspca.com
Or
The A.G. Horton Wreath Society http://www.hortonwreathsociety.webs.com
- A group of local and interested friends have joined together to form the Horton Wreath Society. The goal of the group, which meets monthly, is to raise enough donated funds each year to purchase a live wreath for each gravesite at the Albert G. Horton, Jr. Memorial Veterans Cemetery.

Thank you again for all the help and support.

Very respectfully, CO

CDR Jeff "Jake" Jacoby
Commanding Officer, NOPF Dam Neck

I am shocked and emotionally distressed to learn about Tina’s passing. I knew her via the SURTASS program and met Rob at one or two of the Cheatham Annex Memorial Day Camping outings. Tina was a remarkable woman and consummate professional who will be missed by all who knew her.

For Rob, know that you and yours are in our prayers. If there is anything we can do to help you, please ask and if it is within our power to accomplish we will gladly do it. Kara joins me in wishing you and yours our sincere condolences.

Denny

Visits: