IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
USS GERALD R. FORD

The USS GERALD R. FORD was recently launched with all the latest technology. One being the aircraft launch system is electromagnetic vice steam. My son-in-law who holds a PhD in Mech. Eng. in the field of magnetics developed and designed and was lead tester for the power system for the this new launch system. EKD

Re: USS GERALD R. FORD

Ed -

I had read several articles on this new EMD power for the launching of aircraft from the Gerald Ford. What a marvel new development in new technology for our Naval forces. Congratulations to you son-in-law for such a significant contribution and achievement in engineering development and implementation. I am sure you are quite proud, as well you should be. Hope you are doing well - how is that new flatscreen TV holding up? We finally decided to upgrade also - got a Samsung LCD 54" model,

Irv

Ed.....I continue to be amused by some in our generation who lament the condition of today's youth and their proclamations that we're all "going to h*ll in a hand basket".

I'd guess that you're son-in-law isn't a kid any longer, but he's younger than we are and a shining example of what many younger Americans are doing every day.

One of my daughters-in-law has more Masters degrees than I have Good Conduct Medals.

I can't even spell magnetic.

Good on him.

Nick

Thanks Nick. The younger generation is doing just fine.

Ed, that is way too cool! If they asked me to design something like that it probably would have involved a big, strong sailor below deck, holding a magnet up and running real fast :)

Visits: