Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Why do you still have that?

I still have my international drivers license issued In Kef dated 6-4-70. Don't recognise the picture though.

I have a truck load of "stuff" but my best is my Flat Hat, my set of tailor made Hong Kong 13 button blues with jumper with a zipper in the side.
Who else has their flat hat? Smokey, George?

Marshall -

Well, I "sort of" still have my flat hat. I gave it to my youngest sister (many, many moons ago) - but kept the U.S. NAVY ribbon from it, which is in a document protector in one of 4 volumes which I have of my Navy mementos.

She put her own ribbon on it and wore it, off and on, for a number of years as a teenager and young adult. Not sure if she still has it - will have to ask her at our annual family Christmas dinner. She is now 68 years old.

Like you, I still have my tailored 13 button blues, and still have my Pea Coat (somewhere in a box in my basement) - as well as my CPO Kahki's.

Best to you...........Irv

How about a complete file of "Z-Grams" from 1970 - 1972. I found them recently in a box of old navy files I've been weeding out for disposal. I think I'll hold onto them. Kind of interesting to read through the actual messages leading us into that touchy - feely era.

O.B. Corning

Lots of Stuff, probably too much. However my CPO Initiation Binder with every page of my "Charge Book", (some signatures readable some not)and numerous pictures of the two day event at US Naval Facility Eleuthera, 1979 remain my most prized position. Oh yea did I mention my Exam profile sheet which I needed 91.50 to make Chief and I had 91.50!!!!!!!
C. E. Cable
CPO USN Ret.

Yep.....still have mine. I actually wore it once. I buddy of mine and I wore dress canvass to the 1961 Thanksgiving Hoquiam/Aberdeen football game and we decided on wearing the flathat that day. After the game we frequented a few of the watering holes in Hoquiam, and never had to pay for a pitcher all evening.

I still have the pewter tankard that I was given in 1981 by my watch section when I transferred from Brawdy to Keflavik.

Visits: