Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Royal Navy Personnel

The officer was CDR Simon DeHapert, RN. He was asst ops officer 76-77 timeframe. He was relieved by LCDR Peter Jordan, RN. Sadly Peter died in a boating accident a few years ago. He and his wife were on a sailboat in a bay and it capsized. His wife survived.EKX

Re: Royal Navy Personnel

I'm pretty sure it was Dehalpert, not Dehapert. He was my very first OWO, and I recall him having a very dry British sense of humor. One mid, Okie Christian, Tim Richey, and Jay Stanley were on their way to work in Okie's car. He had a tomato for some reason on his dash, and as he went around a curve, it started to roll. He reached through the wheel and they ended up having some difficulty getting the car back on the road. Late for watch, the tomato was the excuse. Lt Dehalpert called a meeting around the working plot, held a short "inquest" regarding the tomato, and then executed it with a pen knife. We were all just dumbfounded, as he did it with a straight face, up to and including his order to "stand down" and return to pounding the mats. I think Al Sweeten was the Watch Coord at the time.... Just can't make this stuff up. Now, does anybody know for sure where the CNO's cover ended up? (Another Brawdy story!)

Visits: