Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Passing of Kenneth C Davis OTC

Ken was section 3 sup during my time as a Kef OWO and he was so good with the boot OTs and even we boot ensigns. I remember his laugh through all the busy times and his professionalism.

In a later tour I had occasion to travel to Japan and met Ken. As we reminisced I mentioned my new fondness for japanese food. Before I left Ken took me on a tour of all the cuisine in Tokyo. Ten hours of everything from Korean barbecue to sobe noodles to sushi. By four in the morning we ended up in a jazz bar where Ken did some impromptu jazz singing. It was a great time.

Ken was a great shipmate and I hope he is now well and knows what this whole journey has been about. My condolences to his family. As shown in the groups responses he will be well remembered.

I was very sorry to see this post about Ken's passing. We were in Keflavik together in the mid 70's and he was a true professional. RIP Ken!

When I first got to Kef I was a COSL qualified plotter and was assigned to Ken's section. He was a fun guy to be around and taught me a great deal. I worked for Ken for about 3-4 months and then took over Fred Hurban's section. Ken and I shared some really fun times and I am sorry to lose him. His wife was a sweetheart and is in my thoughts and prayers. RIP my friend.

Ken was my very first Supervisor in Kef, late 1976, of Section 3. I always wondered how he could see with his coke-bottom glasses. They were never a problem. Ken had GREAT patience, solid teaching skills, and a belief that the newbies could learn & do well.

They say you will always remember your first, well Ken I have always remembered you.

I too was a student and friend to OT1 Davis and shared a fishing trip or two while in Section 3 with LT Clausen and Abby, Barry and a few others while in Kef 76-77. Sad to hear of his passing.

RIP Ken, Fair Winds...my prayers for Mitsuyo whom I met only briefly nearly forty years ago!

Yeah Abbie Gail, I REMEMBER HIM SEEMING TO ALWAYS BE PUSHING THOSE THICK GLASSES UP HIS NOSE BECAUSE THEY SEEMED TO ALWAYS BE SLIDING DOWN.

Since I am new to this board I hope that this posts in the appropriate place.

Those comments about the glasses made me laugh. I remember as a kid looking at my father wondering how he could stand to wear those huge things!

I just wanted to thank everyone (thank you for posting Phil) for their memories of my father Kenneth C. Davis. It was nice to read what was written, and know my dad from a different view that others had of him. My mother Mitsuyo and I truly appreciate all of you.

Visits: