Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ID Card

Old one had not authorized medical after 31 Jul 2016 but exp date was indef. Got a new one because someone stole my wife's dependent ID from truck console. I figured I would get a new one to get SSN off it, didn't look it over and discovered exp date on front when I got home. Had it made @ Camp Dodge National Guard base, clerk was an E-7 figured he knew what he was doing, lol.

Ed, Dave,
As I recall my original retired ID did have a IDEF in the expiration block, but then I did loose my ID and had to get another, which may have had a expiration date and had to be renewed when I was eligible for Tricare for Life as a secondary payee to Medicare. So bottom line is Ed may be right and now I am not sure what the deal is anymore. Someone on this site will know the answer apparently I don't. Sorry guys.
Chuck

Guess I am the lucky guy with 2 expiration dates. On the front the expiration is INDEF while the back shows an expiration date in the medical block of the end of the month before I become 65 and switch over to MEDICARE. I got the ID in 09.

The only thing I can see that might be an error is the hair color which they show as GY when I am pretty sure it is blonde when the light hits it just right.

Jerry

Recently renewed my wife's ID at New London Sub base and I was informed that although mine was stamped "indef" it wasn't. I was informed that I would have to renew it at age 65 when I became Medicare eligible. Is the expiration on your new one close to that date? Hope this helps.

John,
That makes sense now because Tricare For Life and Medicare go together at age 65 as we know. I had forgotten that I had lost my original so you and Ed are correct. My wife's was renewed Dec 2011 a month prior to her being able to use Tricare For Life and Medicare, and is due again in Jul of this year.
We were told she would have to keep renewing until she is 85, I bet she will have to make that trip on her own. But they did take her SS off the card.
Chuck

That must be the deal. I turn 65 a few days after the exp date. They must have changed the way they do it, last time I got one the only date concerning the 65 age was the back that said something about civilian health care. Thanks all

Mine does on the front. It expires the 30th of this month because I will turn 65 next month.

Visits: