Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Blue Angels air show (9/20-21, 2014)

To "All Hands"

I recently learned that the Blue Angels have resumed an active air show schedule for 2014. As it so happens, they will be performing at NAS Oceana, Virginia Beach on September 20th and 21st of 2014 - the same weekend as the IUSS 60th reunion.

As we all learned while serving in the Navy, it is never to early to start laying plans for important, upcoming events. Accordingly, I thought that it might be a good idea to put out this information to anyone who may be interested in seeing the Blue Angels perform. With the Angels performing two days (Saturday and Sunday 9/20-21)some people may want to extend their stay another day, especially those travelling some distances for the reunion- in order to see them.

Linda and I, and our entire family have attended a Blue Angels airshow in years past - and they are nothing short of fantastic! If you have never seen them perform, it is a truly awesome experience you will not soon forget.

There will be no formal arrangements made (in conjunction with the IUSS reunion) for excursions to the airshow - either day (9/20 or 9/21. But if there is enough interest generated by responses to this posting, Jim Donovan has indicated he is willing to include a link on the IUSS 60th Reunion Website -so that further information/details might be available to interested parties.

Looking forward to seeing all at the 60th!

Irv

Visits: