IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Russian ship near Mayport Fla

Just noticed an article on line about a couple of Russian surface ships operating off the coast of the U.S. one of them being described as a submarine support ship. Looks like they are watching our subs.
This article can be found at http://freebeacon.com/national-security/pentagon-russian. Pretty interesting about our not missing the operation of one of there subs in 2012.

Re: Russian ship near Mayport Fla

I read the same article today. I also remember the Akula ssn that "supposedly" operated in the Gulf of Mexico for a time in 2012. I do know that the Gulf also had German submarines operating there in WW2. There is a possibility that some nation would try to attack (EMP) from the Gulf of Mexico. They know that the Gulf is an area that does not have good radar coverage OR missile defense. We better keep an eye out on the "red and blue" tag vessels!

Re: Russian ship near Mayport Fla

Nikolay Chiker is an ARS (Rescue and Salvage Ship) probably acting as the "lifeguard" in case the Vishnya-class AGI (Intelligence Gathering Ship) Viktor Leonov should have any problems.

Rick

Visits: