IUSSCAA Posting Guidelines

IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Military Retiree ID Card (INDEF vs. EXPIRE date)

To all concerned:

Back at the end of March 2014 Dave Annis posted a message inquiring about the use of an expiration date on retiree ID cards - as opposed to the INDEF date most often seen on these cards.

Here is the "straight skinny" on the issue and should answer any concerns one might have.

The following information comes to me in the form of a weekly newsletter that I receive from the American Military Retiree Association (AMRA). It is the ONLY Veterans Service Association that is STRICTLY dedicated to serving Military Retirees (both longevity and disability). If anyone would like further information on AMRA please feel free to email me.

Blue military retiree identification cards issued prior to December 2012 may have had the word "indef" instead of an expiration date. Since December 2013, retiree cards issued have an expiration date as a reminder to retirees that they must enroll in Medicare Part A and B to retain their TRICARE for Life eligibility. However, if your card says "indef," you do not need to get a new one (unless it is unserviceable or your appearance has changed significantly).

Retirees who have a card showing the expiration date will need to obtain a replacement card showing the indefinite status once they turn 65. If you are a retiree from the Guard/Reserve, you will need a new card when you become eligible to collect your pension, usually age 60.

Note:100% VA service-connected disabled veterans and their authorized family members may be eligible for a military ID card for access to exchange, commissary and MWR benefits. Call your nearest Rapids location for details (see link above).

Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day experience.

Irv

Re: Military Retiree ID Card (INDEF vs. EXPIRE date)

I am 71 retired army 1965-1990 my I D cards says Indef, I understand that but what I do not understand is my wife's I D says Indef also how is that possible?

Visits: